Urogynecologists undergo training in either urology or obstetrics/gynecology and then do an additional fellowship in Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery (FPMRS), aka Urogynecology. Physicians who have completed residencies in urology do two-year fellowships; physicians who have completed residencies in OB/GYN do three-year fellowships. Urogynecologists maintain board certification in their base specialties (urology or OB/GYN) as well as board certification in FPMRS.  When looking for a urogynecologist, ensure he/she has undergone the appropriate training and has maintained the appropriate board certifications.



Dr. Arielle Allen

Dr. Arielle Allen is a board-certified urogynecologist in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. She completed a four-year residency in obstetrics/gynecology and then went on to complete a three-year fellowship in FPMRS. She maintains board-certification in both OB/GYN and FPMRS through the American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology.  Her practice is entirely devoted to urogynecologic problems. She is part of a large OB/GYN private practice group called Oklahoma City Gynecology & Obstetrics at Lakeside Women’s Hospital.  She benefits from excellent working relationships and collaborations with local gynecologists, urologists and colorectal surgeons.


Physicians - Click here to register to be a UGYN doctor.